I KNOW that I’m not the only one walking around my house today, Christmas tree gone, lovely ever-green swags tossed, but STUFF almost swamping me! Where DID all this STUFF come from anyway?
After all the holiday chocolate, desserts, treats, you now how you resolve that you’ll get back on the “wagon?” Well, as we face a new year, perhaps it’s expected that we’ll “get back on the wagon” with regard to ordering our lives: a new calendar; a fresh checkbook date to write; time to write goals for 2013. Beyond de-cluttering your living space (check out the link above), here are some coaching questions you might like to consider:
- What items would go if you took 30 minutes to really look for stuff you don’t need?
- If you wrote five goals for 2013, what would they be?
- What is one activity which has gotten way out of control, needs to be tamed?
- Who has been claiming an undue share of emotional attention?
- How would you like to work on that?
- What one new activity could you initiate which might really change things for the better?
Gray dark days invite us “inside” ourselves. It’s a great time to actually notice what’s cluttering our lives. It’s a great time to do a bit of house cleaning…and I don’t mean dusting!
A blessed, joy-filled new year to you and yours.
p.s. Please comment to me about your replies to the questions above. I’d LOVE to hear feedback.